Tuesday, November 24, 2009

3/50 Friday!

Here's a piece from the Always Upward blog written by the 3/50 project founder Cinda Baxter that I thought I would share with the big "Black Friday" coming up. Whether it be Pout (which of course we would LOVE) or any other of your favorite independant retailers in Fargo-Moorhead....get out there and support your local economy this Friday! We will of course be closed for Thanksgiving day but will be open again normal hours 10am-6pm on "3/50 Friday!" :)

Forget all that big box mumbo jumbo the day after Thanksgiving (who really likes being in those crowds, anyway?). This year, I say we rename the day that follows turkey and mashed potatoes.
I say we call it 3/50 Friday, in celebration of
The 3/50 Project. It will be the day we each vow to stop into at least one independent, locally owned brick and mortar to say thanks….

Thanks for smiling and greeting me by name.

Thanks for remembering that I love peonies and detest carnations.

Thanks for asking how my mother is doing, then being sincerely happy when I say she’s well.

Thanks for restocking my favorite candle even though it’s that crazy lime green color.

Thanks for helping me locate the perfect gift for the boss I barely know.

Thanks for laughing when I need a lift and for listening when I need to let down.

Thanks for noticing when I’ve changed my haircut.

Thanks for not noticing when I dashed over in wrinkled sweats for a last minute present.

Thanks for donating to my kids’ fundraiser, and thanks for putting their poster in your window.

Thanks for rushing my order, and thanks for not guilt tripping me about it.

Thanks for staying an extra fifteen minutes the day I got stuck in traffic.

Thanks for that extra cup of coffee, then saying it’s on the house.

Thanks for carrying the financial burdens you do, all to provide a place for me to come.

Thanks for being one of the little guys, responsible for such a big chunk of what makes our
community tick.

Thanks for being here for me. For us. For everyone.

Hope to see you soon!
Krsi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for being you. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for having brain surgery and SURVIVING. Thanks for being in my wedding. Thanks for having your baby on my birthday. Did I thank you for being you? Because I REALLY do love you.

Kris said...

Awww..thanks honey. I love you too. :)

Susan R. said...

That was awesome! I have to say that when I came in a few months ago and Kris asked me how my baby girl was doing and how old she was now, I was shocked! I didn't think that I was really noticed. It felt really good to know that Kris actually remembered who I was and a little bit about me! This is why I keep coming back! So to that, thanks for taking the time to get to know your customers and recognize them when they come! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cinda Baxter, The 3/50 Project said...

And thanks for helping to spread the word about 3/50 Friday...every voice out there makes a difference.

Here’s to big things ahead for all the little guys out there,

Cinda Baxter
Founder (and past retailer!)
The 3/50 Project

Erin said...

Beautiful post, both of you! You and Holly are the best, Kris. Thank you for always sharing so much of yourselves with all of us who come to Pout.