Friday, August 14, 2009

Our husband.

As most of you know, Holly and I are not only business partners but best friends and have been for years. We've been through so much together and Luke, Holly's hubby, has been dragged through most of it along with us. He sometimes jokes that he feels like he has two wives (but that's usually only when he's mad at us. :)

I was in their wedding (well, personal attendant, does that count?). Holly and I kept each other company during Lukes deployment to Iraq just six months after their wedding! They were at my wedding in the Bahamas. We cried (ok Holly and I cried) when they moved to SD. I was there the first night (yes the FIRST night, what was I thinking?) they brought Isabelle home from the hospital. Then they moved back just in time to be there for me through my divorce and best of all the arrival of my Lucy. Oh....and then there was that whole year that Holly and I worked tirelessly on opening our own business.



April 2005 - try to ignore our shiny faces!

Yes, Luke had been there through it all (well most of it anyway) and although sometimes we gang up on him, he truly is a good friend to me and a wonderful husband and father to Holly and Isabelle. He even treats Lucy like one of his own when she's around and she loves him too. Or in her words...."I lub luke".



Halloween - 2008

You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this right? Well, unfortunately tomorrow we will say goodbye to Luke as he will be leaving for Kosovo with the Ntl Guard for the next year. Like I said before, he's been deployed before so this is not a new challenge for them as a couple. This time however will be a little different because he will not just be leaving Holly behind but Isabelle as well. I will be there for them just like Holly as always been there for me & Lucy and they will get through this but it will be a tough year. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.


Holly, Luke, and Isabelle will be skyping as much as possible to keep in touch and hopefully the year will go by quickly. Lots of sleepovers for Isabelle and Lucy will keep them occupied and give us our much needed "girl time".


We all love you and will miss you Luke....now hurry up and go so you can get back here safely!

Kris

7 comments:

OTMOM said...

Kris...that post just brought me tears. I have a special place in my heart for military families [cuz we are one too] so you ALL will be in my thoughts until he returns home. If either of you need ANYTHING, Sheri and I are only a phone call away.

TBRKO said...

Kris I thought of Holly today as I saw mention of troops leaving tomorrow for Kosovo.
You two were meant to be friends, business partners, and almost sisters to get one another through the peaks and valleys of life.
Holly, we are all thinking of you, Isabelle, and Luke!

Erin said...

Holly, I thought of you today when I looked at the calendar and remembered you saying last weekend that Luke leaves "next weekend." Praying for you, Luke, and Isabelle. Now Kris and Lucy can be strength for you just like you, Luke, and Isabelle were for her and Lucy. Love you!

Getting back to me said...

You guys are all so sweet. Thanks so much for the support - I appreciate it so much.

Holly

Mandey ; } said...

*Beautifully said Kris! My thoughts & prayers are with Holly, Luke & Isabelle! I hope the year goes fast for them! Thank god for skypeing & wonderful friends!*

Unknown said...

Holly- I am also here for you anytime you need a trip to Target or the grocery store by yourself for some sanity. Isabelle can come hang with my boys. You guys are so strong and Kris is definitely your "heterosexual life partner" :). You are both lucky to have one another.

ABCDH said...

Holly-
Hang in there girl!! Keep your "online" community close by - we're just a fingertip away!

A.J.