Saturday, June 19, 2010

Minneapolis, teddy bear parade, and my favorite man!

This has been quite the week! As most of you know, it's not often that I'm NOT at the store so when I got the chance to head to Minneapolis for a quick visit with one my favorite cousins from California, I jumped at it! She was in town for a conference and I couldn't miss the opportunity to see her even if it was just for dinner. Thankfully I have the best momma EVER and she stepped in an watched the store for me on Wednesday so I could make the trip. It also gave me the chance to stop at Ikea and get a few things for the store that I've been needing. As a side note, remind me to never go to ikea ALONE if I'm picking up HEAVY furniture!!!

On Friday, Lucy and I joined some friends for a trip to Island Park for the Teddy Bear Parade! It was a great way to start my Friday since it's a "daddy weekend" for Lucy and I wouldn't get to see her for the next couple of days. When do you suppose these weekends away from my girly will get easier? Anyway, Lucy and her little friends Sam and Amelia had a great time playing and she was a tad bit devastated when we had to leave. I guess that means we'll have to do it again soon.

Which brings me to Friday night with my favorite man...my dad. Due to the previous trip to Ikea, he was a trooper and spent all night at the store with me in what I like to call "Ikea hell". Boxes, screws, tools, and instruction booklets were spread all over the store as we put together three new pieces of furniture. What would I do without this man...

There really isn't a way to describe how much he means to me. My parents wanted me to go to college. I dropped out after a few months and moved to New York. Get engaged and have a nice Catholic wedding? I bought a house with my boyfriend and got married in the Bahamas, then divorced! Oh, or how about when I quit my job to open a baby store with my best friend? Through it all my dad has always been supportive even though at times I'm pretty sure he thought I was crazy! As cliche as it sounds, I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. I feel lucky every day that Lucy gets to grow up with such a great man in her life!

I love you dad...Happy Father's Day!
Kris

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

Okay you made me laugh OUT LOUD! What a beautiful tribute to your dad...I remember once him bringing me home from your house. It was hilarious, but now I can't remember why. Okay why did I put that? Who knows, but remember that everyone loves YOU and you are a product of your wonderful parents. :)

Unknown said...

Love Dave...

Erin said...

Your parents are so wonderful, Kris. Great post to your dear daddy!