Thursday, September 24, 2009

9.13.09

is a day I will never forget. Thankfully I've been thinking of this date as the day I "lived" instead of the day I almost didn't. Something like this sure changes your perspective on a lot of things. Most people that know me are aware that I'm a huge worrier (and most of them are probably laughing at this huge understatement). One major thing this accident has taught me is that life, family, and friends are what matters most. I appreciate so much all of the prayers and sweet comments I've received! Every day is getting better and I'm hoping to back at the store full time soon. Right now I've been able to do a few hours here and there but not as much as I would like. The good new though is that I finally got the staples out of my head....ugh, it gives me the chills just thinking about it!

Just to show that we did have a few hours of fun in Vegas, here is a picture we took at the Bellagio just minutes before the "accident".
So on to better things! Holly and Isabelle are currently in Indianapolis visiting Luke for the weekend before he heads overseas for his deployment. Although it's been raining like crazy there they are having fun and she even texted my that Indianapolis looks like a fun city. She also said that maybe we can head there for vacation someday so I can pass out and require brain surgery again. Aaah, only a joke your best friend could pull off!!! :)


On the store front, we received some fun new ruffle legwarmers again this week. We previously had them in hot pink, light pink, ivory, and black which sold out almost instantly! They have now added a few new colors: silver sparkle, gold sparkle, gum grey, and antique rose. I had Lucy wear her pair to gymnastics last week and she got so many compliments!







As usual, the pictures just don't do them justice so you'll have to stop in to check them out. We also have the original colors back in stock as well.


Again, thanks so much for all the well wishes! I also wanted to add a special thank you to my mom and dad for ALL their help! With me being a single parent who is unable to drive or pick up my two year old I truly don't know what I would do without their help. You guys are the best parents anyone could have and I only hope I can be as good of a mommy to Lucy.

Have a great weekend and hopefully we'll see you soon!


Kris

3 comments:

Mandey ; } said...

Kris,
I was SO glad to see a post from you! I also am glad to hear you are doing well! ; } Scary stuff! I too get the chills even reading your post...the first post I read after hearing about your accident I went to bed & could not stop thinking what had happened! I hope to stop into the store soon to see your sweet self behind the counter smiling like always! ; }

Unknown said...

You are so awesome and I am very grateful you are home, healthy, and being the great mom that you are. I love you and am here if you need ANYTHING!!

TBRKO said...

Kris you are WORTH the prayers and love that you were feeling. You have a great attitude, and you are such an awesome role model for your Lucy.
Holly is a hero too.
Someday you two need to go to Vegas again and have FUN!