Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First, let me apologize...

I know I've been TERRIBLE at keeping the blog updated! I'm hoping things have calmed down enough for me to get back on track.

It's Easter week and if you haven't already found that perfect outfit for your little one, we still have a lot to choose from. I love so many of the dresses this season that I'm not sure which one Lucy's actually going to wear! We headed over to Ria's last week to take some Spring clothing pics for some upcoming ads and as usual, she captured Lucy and her friend Sammy better than I could've hoped for.

We also have some great Easter basket goodies to choose from so stop in if you still need some fun little things to fill those baskets.

While decorating our eggs this past weekend Lucy started asking lots of questions about the Easter bunny and what happens with the eggs. "What does the Easter bunny do with the eggs we leave him?", "Does he hide the eggs for us to find or do we hide them?", "Do we hide the real eggs or the ones with candy inside?". I didn't know how to answer any of them!! I wasn't even aware that you were supposed to leave eggs for the Easter bunny. Before you start feeling bad for my deprived childhood let me tell you, my parents always gave us the BEST Easter baskets! We woke up Easter morning to beautiful baskets filled with candy, stuffed bunnies, blow up bunnies (I loved that year), and every other Easter-y thing you can imagine. We never did however do any type of Easter egg hunt. Ever. So that got me thinking...What types of Easter traditions does your family follow? Lucy is already 3 so I need to get on the ball with this one! Here's a shot of Lu working hard on her eggs. It was pretty serious business!

Kris

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We do an easter egg hunt every year. When they wake up their easter baskets are sitting outside their doors with one egg in the grass waiting to be filled. We make a path to the other goodies and hide them in funny spots. I LOVE Easter! We set out carrots and milk for the bunny because it is a tough job!

Unknown said...

P.S. LOVE the new pics, Lucy is getting so big, she is a natural model. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up my parents would hide EVERYTHING. The basket would be hidden somewhere in the house, on our way to find the basket we would find little treats hidden all over the house. Everything from whoppers eggs to giant candy filled plastic eggs. Once we found the basket, we would find the rest of the hidden candy scattered throughout the house. Next came getting dressed for church and going to church. As soon as we got home from church, we were instructed to go directly to our rooms to change out of our Easter clothes. As we were changing my dad would take the hard boiled decorated eggs and hide them outside the house. We would grab our basket to collect the eggs the "easter bunny" hid for us outside!