Monday, March 2, 2009

Terrible twos here we come....

So, I'm trying to figure out why my sweet little baby Lucy is slowly turning into a schitzophrenic, pms'ing teenager and all I can figure out is that two is quickly approaching. She has always been such an easy going kid and the last few weeks it seems the littlest thing can send her into a total tantrum! Here's an example....


Here's my sweet Lucy showing off the new playhouse her auntie got her for Valentines Day (thanks again auntie Mel).

Doesn't she look so sweet and innocent???

Here she was just moments later when we were getting ready for bed.....


Ummmm, yeah, this was all because I was trying to explain to her that it doesn't work as well to try to suck on TWO nukies at once. She was furious at ME because of this. Really??? I don't get it. You would have thought I had just cut off the head of one of her favorite dollies because she was completely DEVASTATED! I remember Holly's little Isabelle going through this at this same age but you really don't understand until it's your child throwing the irrational fit! I'm finding that it doesn't help to giggle and take pictures with your cell phone in the midst of one of these "episodes" but seriously, I can't resist.


Here is one of our favorites of Isabelle in the middle of one of these tantrums. Apparently she figured jamming her fingers up her nose meant she was serious business!


Yep....that's one for the baby book for sure!
The girls got to spend some quality time together this weekend while Holly and I were at the store (thanks grandma Marilyn and Poppa Dave). Aside from the few "you're not my best friend anymore" and "she POKED me" moments, they spent the day playing, hugging, and just enjoying being with their little bff's. It's so fun watching them grow and we can't wait for all that is to come. We hope you had a great weekend and want to thank everyone who made it out for our sale!
Have a great week!
Kris

6 comments:

Dalayna said...

Thank you so much for the laugh :D

Unknown said...

That is so funny!!!

Erin said...

HILARIOUS!!! I laughed out loud. I remember this all too well with Ross. The transformation seems to happen overnight; you learn pretty quickly how to 'tiptoe' around your own toddler. For Ross, it gradually got better as his language grew--once he could express himself verbally, he wasn't quite so frustrated.

Sara-Nicole said...

hehehe Hillarious... :) I see I have much to look forward to :) Great times

TBRKO said...

I have to laugh too. I found three to be the horrific age in our house...they can talk back. I never have been bothered by tantrums, but the sass drives me nuts! Then again, guess who they are learning the sass from? ME.
Anyway my advice is: ignore, ignore, ingore....and if she wants 14 pacifiers in her mouth, let her.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Kris! I hope you celebrated your birthday with the people you love.